[Box Backup] Backup Mac OS X to Freebsd

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 20:46:42 BST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:34:18AM +0200, Stuart Robertson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:59 PM, James O'Gorman <james at netinertia.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I created a test target in the port skeleton that runs the release
> > tests. e.g.:
> >
> > cd /usr/ports/sysutils/boxbackup
> > make
> > make test
>
> I made these commands and the tests ran. I did not have to run 'make
> test'. When these first tests ran common failed but once this run was
> finished I ran 'make install' and the answers are below.

Hmm, are you sure? The 'test' target isn't part of the 'all' target so
must be explicitly run. Anyway...

> common: PASSED
> crypto: PASSED
> compress: PASSED
> raidfile: PASSED
> basicserver: PASSED
> backupstore: PASSED
> backupstorefix: PASSED
> backupstorepatch: PASSED
> backupdiff: PASSED
> bbackupd: PASSED
> httpserver: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:471)
>
> TEST: test/httpserver
> Killing any running daemons...
> Removing old test files...
> Copying new test files...
> GET request...
> POST request...
> HEAD request...
> Redirected GET request...
> Cookie tests...
> ERROR:   Failed to write to socket: Broken pipe (32)
> NOTICE:  Running test httpserver in release mode...
> Starting server: ./test server testfiles/httpserver.conf
> Waiting for server to start:  done.
> Waiting for server to die (pid 62236): . done.
> WARNING: Failed to open file: testfiles/nonexist: No such file or directory (2)
> WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at
> FileStream.cpp(144)
> WARNING: Expected <403> but found <200>
> ERROR:   **** TEST FAILURE: response.GetResponseCode() != 403 at
> testhttpserver.cpp:471
> Starting server: ./test s3server testfiles/s3simulator.conf
> Waiting for server to start:  done.
> Waiting for server to die (pid 62243): . done.
> FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:471)
>
> I guess this is something to do with configuring ports for the
> httpserver and can be fixed later.

I get the same failure, however I wouldn't worry about it. As I
understand it the httpserver test isn't needed for any core
functionality at present, only for a feature that isn't fully
implemented yet (for backing up to S3, I believe). So basically the unit
tests for bbackupd and bbstored all passed, which is good. :-)

> > If you want to run the debug tests you'll have to do it within the work
> > directory:
> >
> > cd work/boxbackup-*
> > ./runtest.pl ALL debug
>
> I ran the debug texts and got common: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at
> testcommon.cpp:406)
> crypto: PASSED
> compress: PASSED
> raidfile: PASSED
> basicserver: PASSED
> backupstore: PASSED
> backupstorefix: PASSED
> backupstorepatch: PASSED
> backupdiff: PASSED
> bbackupd: PASSED
> httpserver: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at testhttpserver.cpp:471)
>
> I don't see why the two sets of test returned different answers. I've
> the full output of the debug tests if you are interested.

It's a little odd, but I do see that occasionally. Chris might be able
to explain it. You're using release binaries though, not debug ones, so
I think it shouldn't be a problem.

James