[Box Backup] Backup Mac OS X to Freebsd

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Wed Oct 19 23:25:55 BST 2011

Hi Stuart,

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Stuart Robertson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com> wrote:
>
>> The notes may be out of date. Which notes exactly are you referring to?
>
> I was looking at the online install notes
> http://boxbackup.org/install.html

OK, since there were no objections last time I asked, I've removed the old
static website and made the Trac wiki the default website. James, I hope
you don't mind that I messed with your Apache configs.

>> The tests should all pass when run as a normal user. Can you send the test
>> log files (test*.log) for the tests that failed to me by private email?
>
> I'm not too sure where to find these.

In the directory where you ran "./runtest.pl ALL"

> I logged in as the admin user on my mac and used the console app to look
> at system messages. The full results of the tests seemed to appear there
> and I've attached them here as a file.

OK, thanks, will see if I can work out what went wrong. Is there any
chance that the server was under load when you ran them? One of the tests
that failed (testcommon.cpp:424) can be timing sensitive.

>> The unix user ID is not used for anything. 999 should match an account
>> that you already created with "bbstoreaccount create" on the server.
>
> Is "bbstoreaccount create" something I run on the client and it
> communicates with the server or something run on the server (possibly
> during instal)?

Run on the server, at any time after install.
<http://www.boxbackup.org/wiki/CertificatesAndAccountsManagement#SettingupanAccount>