[Box Backup] Backup Mac OS X to Freebsd

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Sun Oct 23 23:51:47 BST 2011

Hi Stuart,

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Stuart Robertson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com> wrote:
>
>> The system logs don't contain any information about the following failures:
>>
>> basicserver: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at :0)
>> backupstore: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at :0)
>> backupstorepatch: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at :0)
>> bbackupd: FAILED: 1 tests failed (first at :0)
>>
>> So if you have a complete copy of the test run output, that would be very
>> helpful.
>
> I zipped up the .log files from the directory where I had run the
> test. I hope these are the right ones and helpful.

Thanks for that.

These tests were run on a Mac (the client), right?

I think the assertion failure in testcommon is harmless. It's probably
just a small timing issue. If I had access to a decent Mac I could
probably fix it, but my macbook has a broken keyboard which is pretty
annoying.

I think the other tests all failed because of a "leaked" file descriptor
opened by syslog(). I don't think that's a real problem, because only one
file descriptor is opened and it will be reused by any subsequent syslog()
call. If it is a bug, it's in Mac OS X and not in Box Backup.

So it appears that the client is fine to use on your Mac.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |