[Box Backup] NTFS junction/reparse point

Charles Lecklider lists at invis.net
Mon Oct 24 17:08:26 BST 2011

On 24/10/2011 11:45, Achim wrote:
> 2011-10-24 11:07:12 [WARNING] Ignored directory: C:\Documents and
> Settings: is an NTFS junction/reparse point; create a new location if
> you want to back it up
>
> Is this a side-effect of using VSS on Windows?

No, it's not.

> Is the idea really to add a new location for every NTFS junction/reparse
> point, such as Music, Downloads, ...?

Technically we should be able to backup reparse points; whether this is
a good idea or not is another matter.

For now it's probably better to write an info message (not yet
implemented or similar), and only complain if it's also a mounted
folder. That would be much closer to the situation with *nix.

-C