[Box Backup] Housekeeping stops running after time

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Sat Oct 29 18:16:18 BST 2011

Hi Dave,

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011, Dave Bamford wrote:

> yes it died, process 1555 did not show up, so I restarted the server and
> left it doing a check on the offending account.

Would it be possible for you to stop the normal bbstored daemon and run it
like this instead:

 	nohup bbstored -DVt &

This will run everything in the same process in the foreground and capture
all the output, hopefully including any crash, in a file called nohup.out.

You may not be able to run it this way because of the limitations: only
one client connection at a time, and housekeeping makes client connections
wait until it's finished. If that's a problem, create a copy of
bbstored.conf with the following line added:

 	StorePort = 2202

And run bbstored like this:

 	nohup bbstored -DVt -c <new-bbstored.conf-file> &

and see if it crashes in that case.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |