[Box Backup] Possible fs corruption

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Thu Sep 8 00:22:13 BST 2011

Hiya,

After getting some errors about being unable to attain a writelock, I
installed svn trunk as of yesterday, and (for good measure), tried to
run a bbstoreaccounts check fix. I immediately got a weird error to the
effect that I was working on read-only media, and sure enough, the ext4
fs with my system on it had aborted the journal, leading Linux to
remount ro. Furthermore, when running fsck, it would seem that the
superblock was corrupted, so much of the system got linked into
/lost+found, resulting in a crippled system.

I'm restoring as we speak, and I cannot say if the bbstoreaccounts check
fix actually did this, and am wary of trying again, when the system is
fully operational again, but if you recall having made some changes
recently, that could do something like this, I'd advise you to
double-check the code...

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard