[Box Backup] execute command on server after successful backup

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Sun Sep 25 19:08:57 BST 2011

Hi David,

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011, David Sardari wrote:

> Is it possible to make bbstored automatically execute a command on the
> box backup server only after a successful backup and execute different
> commands depending on the box backup account? I want bbstored to make a
> snapshot of the nilfs filesystem by executing the command '/usr/bin/mkcp
> -s' as root. Currently, I execute the command "ssh -t thecusw 'sudo
> /usr/bin/mkcp -s'" on my laptop after a successful backup. I intend to
> backup my vm server with boxbackup and want to avoid giving my vm server
> ssh access to my boxbackup server.

I'm not sure how you define "successful backup". The server doesn't know
when the client disconnects whether the client considered the backup to be
successful or not. But you could use an SSH key on the client with a
ForcedCommand to log into the server and execute that command there, and
you could make that happen in the NotifyScript on the client only when the
status was "backup-ok".

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |