[Box Backup] Protocol_ObjTooBig?

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Thu Sep 29 10:05:43 BST 2011

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Sune,
>
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Sune Mølgaard wrote:
>
>> When trying to restore an svn repo that I lost during an fs crash, I
>> get the following:
>>
>> query > restore -f -r home-svn-
>> ...........................WARNING: zlib error code = -3
>> WARNING: Exception thrown: CompressException(TransformFailed) at
>> ../../lib/compress/Compress.h(154)
>> ERROR: Failed to restore file 'home-svn-/uni/db/revs/2/2027': Compress
>> TransformFailed
>
> I'm afraid it appears that that file is corrupt on the server (invalid
> zlib input data) and you probably won't be able to restore it, sorry.

The way I read it is that the input data to zlib is invalid because of
the exception that appears to be Protocol_ObjTooBig...

>> .WARNING: Exception thrown:
>> ConnectionException(Conn_Protocol_ObjTooBig) at Protocol.cpp(219)
>> ERROR: Failed to restore: Connection Protocol_ObjTooBig
>> query >
>>
>> I used -f -r since it failed before and I wanted to retry.
>
> Sorry, that doesn't quite work in this case, thanks for pointing it out.
> Luckily it's easy to fix. I've just committed a "quick fix" to trunk,
> could you try to check out and build that to see if it helps?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Will try a little later and report back.

Cheers,

Sune

--
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman
she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.