[Box Backup] No housekeeping?

Peter Hall peter at preacher.se
Wed Feb 1 21:25:41 GMT 2012

Thanks for the reply,
(and sorry for the previous unfinished email, be wary of cats jumping in
close proximity to your keyboard...)

2012/2/1 Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com>

> Hi Peter,
>

> On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, Peter Hall wrote:
>
> It might be. But I did notice that housekeeping was running for three days
> without finishing in your log. The block counts are not updated while
> housekeeping is running, only when it finishes. So is it possible that
> housekeeping did actually finish and remove enough files to bring the store
> back under the soft limit, and you didn't notice that the block counts have
> finally been reduced?

That sounds plausible. I just checked the server and housekeeping is still
running. Same kind of messages in the log as the one i previously attached.
One file is removed every couple of minutes, which could take a very long
while if there are tens or even hundreds of thousands of files to be
deleted.

Unfortunately I am now stuck (admittedly self inflicted) with a full store
and unable to upload new backups until housekeeping finishes.

Would it be possible to change future versions to update the block count
while running housekeeping? I see very high memory usage as well which I
guess is due to boxbackup having to keep track of deleted files, or
something similar?

Best regards,
Peter