[Box Backup] Setup windows client

Enrique Perez-Terron enrio at online.no
Thu Jan 19 21:41:02 GMT 2012

Hello,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:39:20 +0100, Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com> wrote:

[...]
>> In view of that date, I now suspect that quite a lot has happened to
>> the sources since. Maybe I should compile the sources myself?
>
> Before you do, please try this version:
>
> http://www.boxbackup.org/browser/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-trunk_3005M-backup-client-mingw32.zip

Thanks, Chris!

I unpacked it, copied all the files to a new directory "C:\Program
Files\Box Backup",
copied the *.pem and .raw file into the Box Backup directory,
created the subdirectory "bbackupd",
and adapted the bbackupd.conf and NotifySysAdmin.vbs files,
and ran bbackupd.exe -i in a cmd window.

Then I opened the control panel ... 'services' utility, and started the
service "Box Backup (bbackupd)".

I immediately got an error message pointing to the system event log.
In the program event log, source "Box Backup (bbackupd)" I get the
following messages:

SSL error whhile loading CA cert from C:\Program Files\Box
Backup\serverCA.pem:
error: 02001005: system library: fopen: Input/output error

SSL error whhile loading CA cert from C:\Program Files\Box
Backup\serverCA.pem:
error: 2006D002: BIO routines: BIO_new_file: system lib

The file is there with this exact path (copy and paste into the quoted
string in the cmd command 'dir ""').
I cannot believe the files would not be readable to the process. The .conf
file is in the same directory and the program has obviously read it. I
fiddled with making the pem file readonly, and the directory containing it
as well, but that made no difference.

Any sugestion?

Regards
Enrique