[Box Backup] Setup windows client

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Jan 19 21:44:30 GMT 2012

Hi Enrique,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:

> I immediately got an error message pointing to the system event log. In
> the program event log, source "Box Backup (bbackupd)" I get the
> following messages:
>
> SSL error whhile loading CA cert from C:\Program Files\Box
> Backup\serverCA.pem:
> error: 02001005: system library: fopen: Input/output error
>
> SSL error whhile loading CA cert from C:\Program Files\Box
> Backup\serverCA.pem:
> error: 2006D002: BIO routines: BIO_new_file: system lib
>
> The file is there with this exact path (copy and paste into the quoted string
> in the cmd command 'dir ""').
> I cannot believe the files would not be readable to the process. The .conf
> file is in the same directory and the program has obviously read it. I
> fiddled with making the pem file readonly, and the directory containing it as
> well, but that made no difference.
>
> Any sugestion?

What version of Windows are you running? Vista and above does funny things
with folder redirection on C:\Program Files. If you put files there as a
normal user, it silently redirects them to somewhere in your user profile,
and you have to use that as the path in bbackupd.conf because the
redirection doesn't operate for system users like LocalSystem.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |