[Box Backup] No housekeeping?

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Mon Jan 23 21:20:10 GMT 2012

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012, dave bamford wrote:

> I had a similar problem and it turned out Housekeeping was aborting on a
> corrupt account and never restarting until I restarted bbstored. Try
> starting bbstored -v and check the logs

I would really, really like to get to the bottom of this. Please can you
run "bbstored -DV -o /tmp/bbstored.log", wait until housekeeping dies, and
then look in the log file to see if you can find a backtrace in there?

>> Is it normal that it can take several days before I see any
>> housekeeping progress on a store of this size?

If you log at INFO level or above, you should see at least "Starting
housekeeping" and "Finished housekeeping" messages regularly. However the
time between them may be several days if you have a lot of data on your
store.

Cheers, Chris
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |