[Box Backup] boxbackup bahaviour when renaming directories

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Thu Jun 7 20:37:13 BST 2012

Hi Toby,

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Toby wrote:

> I recently renamed a bunch of directories on my machine running
> bbackupd. I was hopeing (but not counting on it) that the files
> contained in those directories would not have to be re-uploaded.
>
> Now when I checked with bbackupquery, I noticed that both the old and
> the new directories where there, both still contained files, and nothing
> was marked deleted. The new directory and the new files had different
> IDs, so I guess they were reuploaded.
>
> Now why wheren't the old directories marked deleted? Does this take some
> time?

Good question. Please could you let us know what version of Box Backup
you're running, and run bbackupd with the "-o /tmp/bbackupd.log -Otrace"
and send the logfile to me privately, or at least the part that relates to
the directory that you deleted?

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |