[Box Backup] boxbackup bahaviour when renaming directories

Toby misc.lists at fsck.ch
Sun Jun 10 10:50:24 BST 2012

On 6/7/12 9:37 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Toby,
>
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Toby wrote:
>
>> I recently renamed a bunch of directories on my machine running
>> bbackupd. I was hopeing (but not counting on it) that the files
>> contained in those directories would not have to be re-uploaded.
>>
>> Now when I checked with bbackupquery, I noticed that both the old and
>> the new directories where there, both still contained files, and
>> nothing was marked deleted. The new directory and the new files had
>> different IDs, so I guess they were reuploaded.
>>
>> Now why wheren't the old directories marked deleted? Does this take
>> some time?
>
> Good question. Please could you let us know what version of Box Backup
> you're running, and run bbackupd with the "-o /tmp/bbackupd.log -Otrace"
> and send the logfile to me privately, or at least the part that relates
> to the directory that you deleted?

There is no -o and no -O option in my version:

Box Backup Client v0.11rc8+2714, (c) Ben Summers and contributors 2003-2010

Usage: bbackupd [options] [config file]

  -c <file>  Use the specified configuration file. If -c is omitted, the
last
             argument is the configuration file, or else the default
             [/etc/boxbackup/bbackupd.conf]
  -D         Debugging mode, do not fork, one process only, one client only
  -F         Do not fork into background, but fork to serve multiple clients
  -k         Keep console open after fork, keep writing log messages to it
  -K         Stop writing log messages to console while daemon is running
  -P         Show process ID (PID) in console output
  -q         Run more quietly, reduce verbosity level by one, can repeat
  -Q         Run at minimum verbosity, log nothing
  -v         Run more verbosely, increase verbosity level by one, can repeat
  -V         Run at maximum verbosity, log everything
  -W <level> Set verbosity to error/warning/notice/info/trace/everything
  -t <tag>   Tag console output with specified marker
  -T         Timestamp console output
  -U         Timestamp console output with microseconds