[Box Backup] Adaptive MaxUploadRate, Quality of Service

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Sun Mar 25 21:09:15 BST 2012

Hello Chris:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:05:20 +0000 (GMT), Chris Wilson
<chris at qwirx.com> wrote:
> Please could you check that you followed the compilation instructions
> for PCRE exactly? PCRE should be compiled statically and not need
> DLLs.

I followed the instructions via copy&paste, the only difference being
that I used PCRE 8.30 instead of 8.12 as outlined in the docs.

I just confirmed again (make clean PCRE; recompiled PCRE; make clean
BB; /infrastructure/mingw/configure.sh; make build-backup-client) that
the following two files are needed to run the resulting binaries:

pcre-8.30\.libs\cygpcreposix-0.dll
pcre-8.30\.libs\cygpcre-1.dll

Could well be that this is a side-effect of using 8.30 instead of 8.12:
I am not too worried about that for the moment. I will start testing
MaxUploadRate now and report back.

Best regards, Achim