[Box Backup] Documentation error?

Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services pjalajas at gigalock.com
Thu Nov 29 21:08:06 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, Jan Haastrecht wrote:
>
>  The documentation states:
>> ExcludeFilesRegex = *.(mp3|MP3)\$
>>
>> Shouldn't this be
>> ExcludeFilesRegex = *\.(mp3|MP3)\$
>>
>> The dot means any character, not match the '.' character.
>>

> It's also invalid to start with an asterisk. Where did you find this?

I read the leading asterisk as being general enough that you _could_ have a
file just named "mp3", as odd as that may be.
+\.(mp3|MP3)$  is probably more realistic.
I think the \$ should just be $ (you generally don't want to escape the
special end-of-line $).
Windows is case insensitive, so just +\.mp3$ would do what I think most
folks would want ("exclude all my *.mp3 files") on Windows.
Which documentation?  I'll fix it.
Thanks,
Pete