[Box Backup] ERROR: Expected raidfile backup/00001001/0b/01/oc7 does not exist (and others)

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Wed Aug 21 23:36:08 BST 2013

Hi Markus,

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Markus Grunwald wrote:

> I tried this at last. That's what happened:
[...]
> % release/bin/bbstoreaccounts/bbstoreaccounts
> -c /etc/boxbackup/server/bbstored.conf check 1001 fix
>
> NOTICE:  Will fix errors
> encountered during checking. INFO:    Checking store account ID 0x00001001...
> INFO:    Phase 1, check objects... TRACE:   Max dir starting ID is 0x18500
> INFO:    Phase 2, check directories... WARNING: File ID 0x96c8 has different
> container ID, probably moved WARNING: File ID 0x9741 has different container
> ID, probably move [...]
> WARNING: File ID 0xb6c5 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xbbbd has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xbce3 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xc47e has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: File ID 0xc7d4 has different container ID, probably moved
> WARNING: Directory ID 0xdd87 references object 0xe025 which does not exist.
> TRACE:   Entry id 0xdefb removed because depends on newer version 0xe025 which
> doesn't exist

I've been trying to reproduce the problem where "bbstoreaccounts check
fix" says that it's fixed the problem but hasn't actually done so. And so
far I haven't been able to. I found and fixed another problem, but not
this one.

Please could you send me (not to the list) the complete, unedited output
from this command:

 	release/bin/bbstoreaccounts/bbstoreaccounts \
 	-c /etc/boxbackup/server/bbstored.conf check 1001 fix

Also, would you consider sending me the faulty directory object? If you're
not using Box Backup software RAID, it should be the following file below
your base directory, listed in raidfile.conf:

 	backup/00001001/87/odd.rfw

The filename and attributes are encrypted, so I won't be able to read
them, but hopefully I can work out why bbstoreaccounts is failing to fix
the directory.

Thanks for your patience and support!

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |