[Box Backup] CentOS 6 - some root owned files not backed up from /etc/

Chris McMahon chris.mcmahon at corecashless.com
Tue Feb 5 23:09:25 GMT 2013

I built the RPM's on my designated "boxbackup" store that is native CentOS 6 on hardware.  Everything in the build process seemed to work OK.  However upon testing:

On the two CentOS 6 clients that I chose:   1 client  backs up /etc/passwd, shadow, group etc...  the other client does not backup those files.  Neither client backs up the contents of /etc/box/bbackupd.  I'm sure there are other example files.  Selinux is in permissive mode on the client and server builds.

Thanks,
Chris McMahon
Systems Engineer
COREcashless
14803 W. 95th Street
Lenexa, KS  66215
Office: (913) 529-8200
chris.mcmahon at COREcashless.com
www.COREcashless.com<http://corecashless.com/>

The information contained in and accompanying this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete and destroy all copies in your possession and notify the sender that you have received this communication in error. You may not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy this e-mail or any part of it if you are not the intended recipient.