[Box Backup] ERROR: Expected raidfile backup/00001001/0b/01/oc7 does not exist (and others)

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Fri Jul 26 19:12:26 BST 2013

Hi Markus,

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, markus at the-grue.de wrote:

> since many weeks, I have these messages (see below) in my logfile and I
> have no Idea what to do about it.
>
> I ran these commands, but it didn't get any better:
>
> bbstoreaccounts -c /etc/boxbackup/server/bbstored.conf info 1001
> bbstoreaccounts -c /etc/boxbackup/server/bbstored.conf check 1001
> bbstoreaccounts -c /etc/boxbackup/server/bbstored.conf check 1001 fix
>
> Can you help me please? Its a bad feeling if the backup spits out errors and
> you know nothing to do :(

I agree, it definitely is. We have had a few sporadic reports of this
problem over the years, and never got to the bottom of it. In some cases
it may have been caused by doing funny things to the store filesystem,
such as running it on NFS or synchronising with another machine. Do you
do anything like that? What filesystem is the store on?

It could also be caused by the server crashing and losing files from the
filesystem due to inconsistent caches. We should really be able to fix it
ourselves, though.

Can you see exactly when this started happening, and whether anything else
strange happened to the server at around the same time?

Also are you willing to help us to debug it and fix it, by checking out
the latest Box Backup source code from Subversion and compiling and
testing it? And what version of Box Backup are you running?