[Box Backup] Current files greater than used files

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Tue Oct 22 21:18:34 BST 2013

Hi Dave,

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, Dave Bamford wrote:

> How is it possible for the Current files to be much greater than the
> used files. See stats

The "blocks in current files" is a relatively recently added measure. As
such, I haven't written a lot of tests for it, and perhaps I got the
calculation of the adjustments due to creating files and directories wrong
somewhere.

It would help me to work out how, if you could run bbstoreaccounts check
against the store and see if it adjusts the reference counts, and if so
which ones and by how much. Could you do that for me and let me know the
results?

> As you can see from the stats, if the deleted files were removed we
> would be under quota by about 5%

The Used Blocks is the one that counts for quota purposes. I added
"current files" in the hope of helping people to understand how their
current usage was split between current, old and deleted files, although
clearly that doesn't help if it's not accurate, so I'd like to fix it.

In this account, the Used Blocks is very close to the hard limit, and
hence uploading a large file (e.g. 1.4 GB or more) would fail because it
would take the account over quota. Housekeeping should still be trying to
remove old and deleted files to bring the account back under the soft
limit. Do you know if it succeeded? Does it if you run housekeeping
manually, with "bbstoreaccounts housekeep 1001"?

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |