[Box Backup] how to properly use snapshot backups?

Brendon Baumgartner brendon at netcal.com
Tue Apr 29 20:15:43 BST 2014

Hi Chris.

> Hi Brendon,
>
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2014, Brendon Baumgartner wrote:
>
> > I've got an update on this faster than I expected. It ran for a few
> > minutes and died. I've stopped the bbackupd process on the client for
> > now.
> >
> > SERVER LOG: Apr 28 11:52:43 kernel: [3629443.882942] bbstored[32076]:
> > segfault at 20 ip 000000000046d363 sp 00007ffff63ac490 error 6 in
> > bbstored[400000+1c5000]
>
> Thanks, I think I've identified something that could cause this error.
> However it relies on the server having a corrupt directory object, which
> bbstoreaccounts check fix should have repaired. Did you run
> bbstoreaccounts check fix on this account?

I ran it over the weekend (check/fix) and it fixed a LOT of errors. I just ran another check (no fix) and it found 7 errors (a longer log at the end of the msg)

> If not, please DO NOT do so yet, as I'd like to check that the error is
> caught and fixed more gracefully in real life. However I'd like to know
> whether you've run it or not, and whether check (without fix) reports
> any
> errors on this account still.

A snip of the check ...

INFO:    File ID 0xf8b837 has different container ID, probably moved
INFO:    File ID 0xf94801 has different container ID, probably moved
INFO:    File ID 0xf465bc has different container ID, probably moved
INFO:    Phase 3, check root...
INFO:    Phase 4, fix unattached objects...
INFO:    Phase 5, fix unrecovered inconsistencies...
INFO:    Phase 6, regenerate store info...
INFO:    Current files: 4595286, old files: 279163, deleted files: 1269960, directories: 434814
WARNING: Soft limit for account changed to ensure housekeeping doesn't delete files on next run.
WARNING: Hard limit for account changed to ensure housekeeping doesn't delete files on next run.
ERROR:   BlocksUsed changed from 87572016 to 87572038
ERROR:   BlocksInCurrentFiles changed from 55281655 to 55281659
ERROR:   BlocksInOldFiles changed from 6536954 to 6536972
ERROR:   BlocksInDirectories changed from 539373 to 539374
ERROR:   NumOldFiles changed from 279161 to 279163
WARNING: Finished checking store account ID 0x00000013: 7 errors found
WARNING: No changes to the store account have been made.
WARNING: Run again with fix option to fix these errors
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10dcd5010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10af41010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10adb8010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10ac2f010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x14d4b10 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10aaa6010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10a91d010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x7ff10a794010 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x165cca0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x17e4cb0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x196ccc0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x1af4cd0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x1c7cce0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x1e04cf0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x1f8cd00 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?
WARNING: Block 0x2114ed0 freed, but not known. Error? Or allocated in startup static allocation?