[Box Backup] Object too big error on 32 bit client

Hans-Joachim Baader hjb at pro-linux.de
Sun Dec 30 17:07:47 GMT 2018

Hi,

today I verified my backups by downloading them on a separate machine.
This machine is 32 bit and very ancient - Debian 8 is the system
currently running on it and there will be no update.

The verification works well, except when it encounters a large
file (about 280 MB in this case). Then it aborts with

THROW_EXCEPTION(ConnectionException, Protocol_ObjTooBig)

This comes from lib/server/Protocol.cpp line 195. I tried the
current git version and an older version on both server and
client.

When I restore this file on the original machine it works. This is
a 64 bit machine. So it appears there is some difference in
the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of boxbackup. The 64 bit client
works, the 32 bit client doesn't.

I don't know if the server makes a difference. This is a 32 bit machine,
too. It recently had its 20. anniversary runing almost without
interruptions. Since it just doesn't want do die, I didn't move
boxbackup to another machine yet. Don't hurt me :)

Regards,
Hans-Joachim

Hans-Joachim Baader - Pro-Linux.de
Poppelfeld 9, D-76646 Bruchsal
Geschäftsführer/Herausgeber * CEO/Editor
Fon +49 07257-930142 * Mobil 0170-6500228

--
Pro-Linux - Germany's largest volunteer Linux support site
Support Pro-Linux: https://www.pro-linux.de/user/index50.html