[Box Backup] Object too big error on 32 bit client

Chris Wilson chris+google at qwirx.com
Sun Dec 30 19:55:16 GMT 2018

Hi Hans-Joachim,

Very sorry to hear that you're having problems. I'm not aware of any
difference or incompatibility between 32-bit and 64-bit clients and
servers. I want to fix this bug, but will need your help to reproduce it.

This particular error can happen when the client encounters an error in a
previous operation, and tries to move onto the next file, but the protocol
is out of sync (the server is still sending file data, but the client tries
to interpret it as a reply to its next request, and aborts). Therefore it
would be useful to see the last few lines of the output, including any
error that occurred immediately before, or while restoring the previous
file. The server logs may also have some useful information, such as
warnings.

How large is the file that failed on the server, in blocks? Can you restore
it on its own (without the other files)? Can you restore the file
immediately before, and then perform another protocol operation such as
listing files in a directory?

Thanks, Chris.