[Box Backup] Happy New Year, and a call to action!

James Lemke jim at lemke.org
Sat Mar 10 20:55:30 GMT 2018

On 2018-01-01 14:39 , Chris Wilson wrote:

> And I wanted to let you all know that I am still working on Box Backup,
> and what I'm doing. Although other open source backup software has grown
> in features (especially s3cmd which now supports client-side
> encryption), I think that Box Backup's unique combination of features is
> still very valuable, particularly for laptops (and as long as there are
> still laptops!).

YAY!!

> If you'd like to share your story with the mailing list, that would be
> great, provided that we don't have a hundred people doing it and flood
> the list and annoy people. If you'd prefer to email the developers only
> at boxbackup-dev at lists.boxbackup.org

I have a RasPi 3 running just for serving boxbackup, with an external
pair of drives configured as raid 1.  This has worked quite well for me.
My OSX laptop is backed up anywhere that has an internet connection.
Even when visiting Samana DO!  : - )>
It also backs up a couple of desktops in the house.

I couldn't find a pre-built windoze client the last time I looked.  That
would be a useful addition.

Cheers,
Jim.
(I don't know why it took me so long to see your note in my inbox..)

--
The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;