[Box Backup] Debian now requires 2048bit RSA keys

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 22:26:31 BST 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 7:46 PM Chris Wilson <chris+google at qwirx.com> wrote:

> Hi Reinhard,
>
> Could you have a look at this patch
> <https://github.com/boxbackup/boxbackup/compare/debian_10_fix_ssl> (documented
> here
> <https://github.com/boxbackup/boxbackup/wiki/WeakSSLCertificates#workaround-2>)
> to see if it's something like what you were hoping for?

Hi Chris,

I've uploaded this patch now to unstable, looks good, thanks for the patch.
It is still about 80k big, thoguh :-( - quite a lot to review manually.
Most of it is actually test code though!

Unfortunately, I have bad news. I totally missed that boxbackup has already
been removed on 23 Sep 2018:
https://tracker.debian.org/news/989096/boxbackup-removed-from-testing/
That's a bummer, because the freeze guidelines rule out migration of
packages that aren't part of testing since beginning of February (cf.
https://release.debian.org/buster/freeze_policy.html).

Sorry about that, that's totally on me, I should have been more vocal about
this end of last year and totally dropped the ball here.

I guess we'll have to go the backports route then.

Best,
-rt
--
regards,